The Tilt Switches are devices that detect change of inclination of the part on which they are mounted. They are commonly used on vehicles hood where their main function is to send electronic signal to the ECU or dashboard when hood is open and therefore inform the driver about this dangerous situation. They can also deactivate some functions like remote engine start to avoid user being injured.
Our hood tilt switches are based on a magnetic reed switch technology.
Our Hood Tilt Switch can be adjusted to Customer’s needs. Available options are:
- Optional diagnostics for open/short circuit
- Different housing geometry
- Reed switch: normally open or normally closed
- Different connector type
- Materials of electrical contacts
- Different harness lenghts or integral connector option
The switches can be used in different applications such as:
- Passenger cars
- Construction and agriculture vehicles
- Other vehicles, where it is necessary to detect change of inclination